Wednesday, April 08, 2009

Let's catch up!

Henry was diagnosed with Scarlett Fever on March 2, 2009. He was a sick little boy but we caught it early enough that the doctors were hopeful in thinking that there would be no permanent joint or heart damage.

Henry woke up on Monday morning with a hot elbow and I worried all day about what I should do. Finally I broke down and we headed to the doctor, but not after quite and eventful day. I called the doctors office to see if they could help me over the phone or what to do for sure. The nurse had me draw a circle around the heat and red on his arm and then we could watch it and know if it got any worse. Henry had a fit that I was coloring on his body and told me that his body is a temple and that I should not write on it. He also told me that I would be in big trouble when he told his dad. I can honestly say that I was really glad that we went to the doctor when we did because the long-term effects can be horrible.

Exterior Appeal

This is the back of our house

This is the front of our house

The cabinets and countertops are in. We went with knotty alder cabinets and I just love them.





3 comments:

Devin and Ashley Johnson said...

Lots of Fun updates! Its a cute blog. I put a picture of Aunt Barbara and George on our Blog, or I can email it to you! Congrats on another very cute boy and your house.

Becky said...

O-that would be very scary. I am glad to hear he is ok and that it didn't get worst! Your house looks like fun too. Where you building it? I love your cabinets-looks like a nice size kitchen. How fun!

Marchelle said...

WOW, that would be scary. I feel so blessed for modern medicine too!! Your house is beautiful too!!